So, is Dua Lipa the best artist of 2018? Here are ten reasons she might be:
1. Dua Lipa became the youngest female artist to have a music video viewed over a billion times. Her "New Rules" video made history in February when it crossed the one billion views mark.
The #IDGAFMusicVideo was the toughest and most challenging video to film. I took us 22hours to shoot starting at 6am and finishing at 4am the day after but the most rewarding. I am so proud and lucky. Thank you for your love— DUA LIPA (@DUALIPA) January 12, 2018
4. Dua collaborated with Silk City, aka Diplo and Mark Ronson, to bring 90s-dance music vibes to 2018 with their hit, "Electricity." The song became Dua's sixth top ten in the UK.
5. The video for "Electricity" was extra in all the best ways. In it, Dua nails the uninhibited, 80s warehouse dancing and proved she can rock platinum blonde hair.
6. She was the most-nominated artist at the Brit Awards and also the first ever female artist to receive five Brit Awards nominations in one year.
7. Dua conjured the ultimate "IDGAF" girl gang, featuring Charli XCX, Zara Larsson, Alma and MØ, for a powerful performance of the song.
8. After touring all year, Dua still managed to add three amazing new tracks, "Want To," "Running," and "Kiss And Make Up," to the super deluxe edition of her debut album, Dua Lipa.
So excited to release a super deluxe edition of my album on October 19th with 3 NEW SONGS!! Think of this as a little gift to wrap up this album cycle! 🎁 Thank you for all the love and support. 💖👼🏻🚀🔥⚡️💋👀🌈💎🔮 pic.twitter.com/0lGq6gd5t8— DUA LIPA (@DUALIPA) September 4, 2018
9. Dua teamed up with the K-pop group BLACKPINK to create a bilingual bop, "Kiss and Make Up."
10. Her unique style has kept us inspired all year long.
Remember to vote for your favourite artists before the MTV EMA on 4 November! The MTV EMA will be broadcast live from Bilbao. Check your local listings and follow @mtvema for more information and exciting updates!