has revealed today that best-selling UK male artist Ed Sheeran
and pop superstar Ariana Grande
are to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA
, one of the biggest global music events of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world. Sheeran was first to break the news this morning in a Facebook video to fans saying, "I'm going to be performing this year at the EMAs in Glasgow! I hear there's another female artist performing… She's got a few 'problems' and hangs out with rappers that might be a bit 'fancy'…" Grande then confirmed her participation on Facebook. The 2014MTV EMA
will broadcast live from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday, 9 November at 9:00pm CET*.
- "I've never been successful enough in Europe to be part of it, and finally I am, so… yay! Make sure you tune in on November 9th, it's going to be pretty spectacular, and it's in Glasgow… GLASGOW!" – Ed Sheeran
- "I'm so thrilled to be performing at the MTV EMA in Glasgow this year! I had such a blast hosting the EMA digital backstage show last year, so I'm definitely looking forward to being part of the party on stage this year. And of course, I can't wait to see Nicki Minaj kill it on stage as host!" – Ariana Grande
- Since dominating the 2014 MTV VMA stage last month, Ariana Grande has been nominated in six MTV EMA categories, including Best Song, Best Pop, Best Female, Best New, Best Push and Biggest Fans.
- Ed Sheeran has been nominated for Best Male and Best UK & Ireland Act.
- Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
- Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Fans can also vote for the Biggest Fans Award via Twitter and Instagram with one of the following hashtags: #EMABiggestFans1D, #EMABiggestFans5SOS, #EMABiggestFansJustinBieber, #EMABiggestFansArianaGrande, #EMABiggestFansNickiMinaj. Voting will close on 8 November 2014 at 11:59pm CEST.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence, Europe's No.1 cosmetics brand** and Someone Like Me
, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and MTV Staying Alive Foundation, will air across MTV's global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV's more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA
will broadcast on Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET* from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
The MTV EMA – MTV's global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA
. The 2014 MTV EMA
marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA
and check #MTVEMA
on Twitter and find us on Instagram
. For MTV EMA news, updates and press materials please visit press.mtvema.com
or follow us @VIMN_PR
*Check local listings.
**Euromonitor, IRI, Nielsen in units 2013 About MTV
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. PRESS CONTACTS:
Kate Laverge – email@example.com
– +1 212 654 4335 – @VIMN_PR
Seema Alibhai – firstname.lastname@example.org
– +44 203 580 2106 – @VIMN_PR