*UPDATE 11/8/2014: It's with deep regret that Calvin Harris will not be able to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA this weekend due to illness. He sends his sincere apologies to all his fans.*
has today added a host of new names to the 2014 MTV EMA
performer lineup. Record-breaking, Scottish-born artist Calvin Harris
is set to take the MTV EMA
stage for the first time. Some of the best and most exciting new artists of 2014 will also perform: breakthrough Brit Charli XCX
, electro-pop songstress Kiesza
and UK rock duo Royal Blood
. The news was posted across the artists' social media accounts this morning. The 2014 MTV EMA
, one of the biggest global music events of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world, will broadcast live to MTV channels worldwide from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday, 9 November at 9:00pm CET*.
- Calvin Harris has been nominated in the Best Electronic and Best UK & Ireland Act categories.
- Kiesza has been nominated for Best New, Best Video for Hideaway, Best Push and Best Canadian Act.
- Charli XCX has been nominated in the Best Push and Best New categories.
- International rock breakthrough of the year and MTV PUSH act for October Royal Blood are set to take the MTV EMA stage.
- Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
- Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran and Nicki Minaj have been previously confirmed to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA.
- British rock legend Ozzy Osbourne will be honoured with the Global Icon Award and will be in Glasgow to accept his award.
- Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Voting will close on 8 November 2014 at 11:59pm CEST.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence, Europe's No.1 cosmetics brand** and Someone Like Me
, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and MTV Staying Alive Foundation, will air across MTV's global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV's more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA
will broadcast on Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET* from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
The MTV EMA – MTV's global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA
. The 2014 MTV EMA
marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA
and check #MTVEMA
on Twitter and find us on Instagram
. For MTV EMA news, updates and press materials please visit press.mtvema.com
or follow us @VIMN_PR
*Check local listings.
**Euromonitor, IRI, Nielsen in units 2013 About MTV
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. PRESS CONTACTS:
Kate Laverge – email@example.com
– +1 212 654 4335 – @VIMN_PR
Seema Alibhai – firstname.lastname@example.org
– +44 203 580 2106 – @VIMN_PR